The main purpose of the role is to ensure that all aspects of Tax Compliance, Planning and Reporting in the UK and Ireland are handled in a professional and timely manner. You will be working closely with colleagues to ensure that tax risk is assessed, measured and mitigated and that tax reliefs and opportunities are utilised fully where possible to optimise operational profitability.
The client is a large, multinational business that is extremely well respected in its field. They are offering a very generous package and the opportunity to build on your in-house tax experience in a varied position.
* Managing Tax Risk and Compliance
* Corporate Tax, VAT, Stamp Duty, Employment Taxes
* Utilising tax planning and mitigation opportunities where possible
* Managing the relationship with HMRC and Revenue Commissioners
* Covering UK and Ireland primarily
* Liaising with Overseas Branches / Permanent Establishments
* Quarterly Tax Reporting - USGAAP
* Statutory Accounts - Tax reporting - UK GAAP / IFRS
* Maintenance of Transfer Pricing documentation in line with Group tax Function requirements
* Supporting Group Tax Function initiatives and Projects as they arise - e.g. Indirect Taxes, M&A tax etc.
* Maintaining Group Tax processes / SOX control
* Ad hoc tax enquiries as they arise
* ACA or CTA qualified.
* At least 3 years post qualified experience in an "in house" corporate tax role or tax dept. of top 10 professional firm.
* Active experience on International tax matters, cross border projects and transactions
* Experienced in the completion of Transfer Pricing documentation and holds firm knowledge of core principles and practices in this area.
* Active experience on M&A activities from a tax perspective.
* Strong communicator - Able to grasp and communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely.
* Commercially aware. Focused on delivering prompt, flexible and quality service. Organised and motivated. Keen to continue to learn and get involved in a broad range of tax areas. Able to take ownership of projects, while working collaboratively with other corporate and business functions and see projects to completion.
* Technically proficient, able to research and apply legislation and case law; and input into projects and brief colleagues accordingly.
£70,000 + 25 % bonus + generous car allowance + other range of excellent benefits.
If interested in hearing more, please apply immediately for more details.