A newly created position providing oversight for the Groups' tax affairs in a forward thinking housing association with large growth plans in the coming years. The successful applicant will have primary responsibility for supporting any joint ventures on all matters relating to tax planning on major housing and regeneration projects.
One of the largest and oldest housing associations in the UK, managing over 25,000 homes in London and the south east of England.
* To provide advice on tax strategy issues
* To supervise the accounting for tax arrangements within the Group and to regularly review systems to ensure compliance with relevant taxation requirements
* To keep abreast of new legislation and legal decisions and assess their impact on the Group, making recommendations for change as may be necessary
* To manage relationships with external Advisers and Consultants
* To handle all VAT compliance issues, prepare and submit quarterly returns to HM Revenue and Customs and voluntary disclosures as may be required
* To review the Group's annual VAT Partial Exemption calculation and advise on the impact of any financial decisions on the calculation
* To periodically review the Group's business activities to identify those that might impact on its liability for Corporation tax
* To calculate the Group's Corporation tax liability, including that for individual subsidiaries liaise with advisors to agree the figures
* To oversee the preparation of the Group's corporation tax return including that for individual subsidiaries where necessary and ensure that they are submitted to HM Revenue and Customs within prescribed deadlines
* Provide day to day support on the tax affairs of the Group. Duties will vary from time to time as circumstances dictate
* To ensure robust processes and procedures are in place and that these are correctly and fully documented as an integral part of the overall departmental procedures
* To ensure that Group Equality and Diversity policies are applied in all aspects of work
* To ensure that Group health and safety policies are applied in all aspects of work
* To undertake any other reasonable duties as required
* The ability to drive improvements and optimise tax efficiencies.
* Must be able to build strong, constructive relationships within finance, asset management and the rest of the business at all levels and with all types of personality
* Previous tax manager experience
* Understanding of all tax disciplines to include both direct and indirect taxes
* Use of various financial systems beyond Excel
* Ability to motivate and inspire others, whether they are team members or colleagues, with a sense of commitment and purpose
* Relevant Accounting/ Tax qualification
£70,000 - £85,000 + package