This is a new role within the Group Tax function of a global investment bank reporting into the Head of Tax Reporting and Forecasting. The role will be challenging, complex and will present exposure to ad hoc projects on a regular basis. This will really suit an individual who enjoys Tax Reporting looking to expand their breadth of responsibilities and gain commercial insight into the operations of a large FTSE listed group.
* Production of the Group's Annual and Interim statutory external tax reporting requirements and contributing to the quarterly Interim Management Statement process.
* Preparation of procedures and policies to be followed by country tax and finance teams within the Group for IFRS tax reporting
* Review and challenge over the tax reporting process and numbers to ensure high levels of control are always maintained
* Production of an accurate forecast of the Group's Effective Tax Rate
* Responsible for production of accurate forecasting of the Group's effective tax rate
* Provide tax accounting and technical reporting expertise for production of tax liabilities in the Group's financial statements in compliance with legislation, accounting standards and best practice
* Analyse and interpret information quickly and accurately
* Ask targeted, probing questions
* Provide explanations and reconciliations of Group's tax position for senior management and external analyst Q&A
* Input to the preparation of papers for Board and Audit Committees on the tax results
* University degree
* Qualified chartered accountant preferred
* Extensive global tax reporting experience
* Expert knowledge of Tax Accounting and Reporting under IFRS
* Demonstrated track record of process delivery in a complex, global environment
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.