An opportunity has arisen for a commercially minded tax professional to join the EMEA tax department at a senior level in an advisory and project management role. This role will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the department's contribution to cross-divisional initiatives, as well as leading the analysis and implementation of tax-specific strategic initiatives. Examples of current projects include managing all tax aspects of the firm's Brexit planning (including UK, EU and US corporate tax, VAT, employee tax, client documentation, indirect tax registrations), strategically reviewing the EMEA tax footprint in light of US tax reform, as well as implementation of the new EU mandatory disclosure regime.
This position will report to the Head of the EMEA tax department and will involve significant interaction with other members of the tax function, as well as people at all levels across the firm. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and project management skills, as well as a broad base of tax knowledge relevant to multinationals.
Required Skills / Experience
* Professionally qualified (ACA/CTA)
* A broad base of technical UK / EU tax knowledge with experience advising multinational organisations. Experience advising financial services industry participants preferred but not required
* Strong commercial, tax and reputational judgement and risk management skills with ability to apply these skills to complex transactions
* A highly motivated individual with an ability to build strong internal networks, leverage relationships and identify key decision makers to accomplish strategic initiatives
* Analyse impact of new legislation and implement related policies / procedures
* Ability to communicate complex tax issues in an easily understood manner, adapting message, style and format of delivery for clarity and to achieve consensus
* A team player with the energy and enthusiasm to prosper in a challenging business environment
The next step:
* Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.