As EMEA Senior Tax Manager, reporting into the EMEA Tax Director you will support and lead on planning initiatives across the region whilst also providing support to the relevant business units in relation to compliance/tax accounting oversight.
* Provide EMEA tax support to the key business segments, including assistance and coordination with German tax audits.
* Manage tax planning and structuring activities in Europe, Middle- East and Africa region
* Assist in implementing tax and other corporate initiatives and projects in the region.
* Manage regional transfer pricing practices to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulations.
* Liaise with business finance staff, the shared service center and the US based Corporate tax team on U.S. GAAP corporate income tax accounting matters including ASC 740 and FIN 48.
* Assist in ensuring accurate FIN 48 reserve calculations and maintain documentation supporting the calculations.
* Monitor regional corporate income tax law changes and international tax developments (BEPS etceteras). Ensure compliance and identify favorable opportunities for implementation.
* 10 years + of international tax experience as an adviser at a large consulting firm and/or an in-house adviser with a US based multinational company.
* Strong tax accounting skills a must. U.S. GAAP, ASC 740 and FIN 48 provision experience with a US based publicly traded company.
* Strong written, verbal and technical communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with executives, operations managers, finance directors, and other corporate departments.
* Experience with Excel, Hyperion HFM, PeopleSoft or similar ERP software is an asset.
* Fluent in German and English, fluency in other languages is an asset.
* Ability and willingness to travel occasionally.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.